This relatively simple mod adds some additional logic into the personnel controller to detect when an NPC is associated to a user account. When this is the case, it changes the icon assigned to that character on the manifest.
It also has some additional logic in there for pulling up either the username or user ID, so that you can make use of the included personnel_index files to display the username of the user or the name of that player's main character.
Note: This does not create a new user class. These characters are still NPCs; this just allows the crew manifest page to change the icon for linked characters and display a little more data.
- Nova 2.7
- This add-on may work with Nova 2.7, but members of the community haven’t confirmed
- Nova 2.6
- This add-on may work with Nova 2.6, but members of the community haven’t confirmed
- Download and unzip the archive file.
- Upload the application and nova directories to the root of your site.
The default behaviour is to change the image for the character from combadge_npc.png to combadge_pnpc.png (it includes the _base image in the nova directory, but any changes you make to replace that image under the application directory will still take precedence, just as they do for the other combadge images), in addition to the last name of the player's main character.
Additional steps for customisation:
To display the full name of the player's main character:
- Open /application/views/_base_override/main/pages/personnel_index.php and comment out the code on lines 98, 99, 169 & 170 (each has a comment next to it)
To display the username of the player:
- Rename /application/views/_base_override/main/pages/personnel_index.php (or delete it)
- Rename /application/views/_base_override/main/pages/personnel_index_username.php to personnel_index.php
To only alter the icon, and display no additional info after the character name:
- Rename or delete /application/views/_base_override/main/pages/personnel_index.php
NOTE: If you have already modified the personnel_index.php file, do not upload the corresponding file here, or it will overwrite your changes. Same goes for the personnel controller. You will need to compare the code and merge the changes of the two files together.
1.0 - Initial version
1.1 - Suffix fix